A number of scholarships are available for students entering Year 10 at each of the Academies. Scholarships are valid for three years of enrolment and only apply to the annual International Baccalaureate fee and the student resource scheme.
Each scholarship applies to 100% of the International Baccalaureate Program Fee and Student Resource Scheme for three years subject to the student achieving continued high academic and work ethic results.
Awarding of Scholarships
- Scholarships will be offered to eligible students in writing by the Principal.
- Students must accept the scholarship by completing an application form and return it to the Academy by the due date.
- If a student has already paid the enrolment deposit fee of $250.00, this amount will remain in credit and will be applied against other fees and/or activities at the discretion of the student’s parents/guardian.
Queensland Academies Isolated Students (QAIS) Bursary
We are committed to supportting rural and remote students attending the Academies.
The Queensland Academies Isolated Student Bursary supports highly capable students from rural and remote areas who are not eligible for the Living Away From Home Allowance Scheme (LAFHAS) to access financial support for travel and accommodation whilst attending the Academies.
To be eligible for the Bursary, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- The student is not eligible to receive assistance through the Living Away From Home Allowances Scheme (LAFHAS); and
- The home address of the student must be in Queensland; and
- The nearest Queensland Government school with the appropriate year level to the student’s family home is located in a Rural or Remote Education Zone; and
- The Queensland Academy the student attends is at least three hours travelling time per day from their home address using the school transport or public transport service; and
- The student’s conduct, progress and attendance must be satisfactory.
For further information, please visit Education Queensland.