Alumnus Milan Gandhi wins Australian Law Student of the Year

UPDATE: Milan Gandhi, Law Student of the Year calls UQ home

An “exceptional” University of Queensland student who founded his own not-for-profit organisation received a perfect score at the 2017 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards…

Congratulations to Milan Gandhi, 2008 Queensland Academies Creative Industries (QACI) Foundation Alumnus, who has been announced the winner of the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Australian Law Student of the Year category. Queensland Academies is extremely proud of Milan’s achievements and wishes him all the best. His acknowledgement below speaks volumes about QACI as a nurturing environment in which he developed as an IB Learner, and the critical and creative thinking attributes that he developed through his study of IB Film. These critical and creative thinking attributes he now uses to challenge the traditions of the legal world through his not-for-profit entity, The Legal Forecast.

More on Law Weekly and the awards can be found here: https://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/biglaw/21799-winners-of-the-australian-law-awards-reign-supreme

I was reluctant to let my head hit the pillow last night just in case, as Biggie says, “it was all a dream”. I’m up now, and pinching myself, and able to report that I won 2017 Australian Law Student of the Year. As I said last night, my own efforts to get here pale in comparison to the support I have received from friends, mentors and, above all, my family. I’m brimming with love for you people. I cannot thank you enough.

Law-Student-of-the-Year005

It was particularly special to be in attendance with fellow finalists Sophie Tversky and Adrian Agius, both equally deserving of 1st prize, and both critical to The Legal Forecast’s successes to date, and Ann-Maree David, a peerless supporter of aspiring lawyers (and our motley crew of legal innovators), and the McCullough Robertson family, but particularly partner Matt Bradbury who has been a patient and generous mentor of mine since I started at McR as a “doc review monkey” in 2014.

These were just some of the people who were physically there last night – as for the people who weren’t, there are too many of you for me to attempt to list in one post but expect me to be in touch soon.

I completely dedicate this to Mum, Dad and Meera Gandhi.
The Legal Forecast, McCullough Robertson, UQ School of Law, Global Voices and Queensland Academies Creative Industries

Milan Gandhi, Facebook

Visit QACI’s Alumni page for a bit more detail about Milan and what drives him: https://qaci.eq.edu.au/portfolio-item/milan-gandhi/