From Uber to Google! Alumni Stories: Celeste Burke

We are proud to congratulate Celeste Burke, Queensland Academies Creative Industries (QACI) Alumna and Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Bachelor of Business (Marketing) / Bachelor of Law (Honours) undergrad, on her recent selection to participate in a summer school internship at the Sydney HQ for Google - one of the top four influential global companies in the high-tech marketplace.

phototonyphillips.com

Celeste cites her time at QACI and her most recent work experience collaborating with fellow alumnus, Diveakkssh Schae (2013), as positive influences on her drive and capability to engage in lifelong learning experiences:

“I’ve spent the past two years working at Uber in Brisbane (alongside another QACI alum, Diveakssh Schae) as part of the Local Marketing Team, where I’ve had the opportunity to work on really exciting projects such as UberJET and UberPUPPIES, and establish partnerships with some of Queensland’s leading events such as the Ekka and Brisbane Festival.

I’m also part of the QUT Business International Case Competition Team, where I get the chance to travel internationally and compete against other universities to solve real business problems presented by global companies – something that has helped me in understanding how marketing fits into the bigger picture of business as a whole.

My experience at QACI has contributed a lot to where I am today – my passion for business (and marketing) stemmed from studying Business at QACI, and doing my Extended Essay in Business, and a lot of my creative and design skills that I use every day stemmed from what I learned in Visual Art (Design). QACI also taught me the value of hard work and to always be pushing yourself and challenging yourself in everything that you do.”