Class of 2013
As a member of the school community, Ethan has exemplified qualities promoted by the Learner Profile that underpins the International Baccalaureate.
Ethan received an Exceptional Achievement Award in 2011 for his outstanding results in the Rio Tinto Big Science Competition. In 2012, he also received a Long Tan Leadership and Teamwork Award. Ethan has been acknowledged on the QAHS Honour Board every semester during his time at the Academy. Ethan has also completed a Certificate III in Laboratory Techniques (PML30104) at the Southbank Institute of Technology.
In 2012, he was selected to take part in the National Youth Science Forum and he was also the recipient of a RSL Youth Development Grant, which he used during his summer vacation to travel to Cambodia to teach English to young students in an orphanage. Through his CAS component, Ethan has taken many opportunities to develop and grow as a person.
In 2014 Ethan will be studying a Bachelor of Health Science at Griffith University
IB Score - 42
- Rio Tinto Big Science Competition (2011 High Distinction)
- Long Tan Leadership and Teamwork Award (2012)
- CSIRO CREST Awards (2011 Bronze)
- Australian National Chemistry Quiz (2011 Distinction, 2012 High Distinction)
- Gold Coast Science Competition (2011 2nd Place)
- ICAS Science Competition (2012 Distinction)
- ICAS English Competition (2011 and 2013 Distinction, 2012 High Distinction)
- Australian Informatics Competition (2011 Credit)
- Australian Mathematics Competition (2011 Credit, 2013 Distinction)