Applications for Year 10 Entry in 2019 can be submitted via our online portal from 12 noon, January 1 2018.
Please note: the option for submitting an application for Year 10 Entry will not be available until this time
Students seeking to attend one the Queensland Academies Campuses as an International Student need to make an application through Education Queensland International (https://eqi.com.au/apply-now) before applying to Queensland Academies.
Prepare your Application for Year 10 Entry
The online application process will take some time to complete and several documents are required to be uploaded. Please prepare the files below before beginning the application. We request you save all files as individual “PDF” documents before commencing this application. Documents that you might be required to supply include:
- Photograph of student (Please upload as filename: FirstnameLastnamePhoto)
- Proof of Australian citizenship or nationality (i.e. birth certificate, passport, and if required, an Australian visa that clearly states that the student’s residency is inclusive of the final exam period at the conclusion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) (Please upload as filename: FirstnameLastnameResidency)
- School Reports – two most recent semesters: Semester 2, 2016 and Semester 1, 2017 (Please upload as filename: FirstnameLastnameReport1 and FirstnameLastnameReport2)
- NAPLAN results – We require NAPLAN for Years 3, 5, 7 and 9, or reasons why NAPLAN was not undertaken (Please upload as filename: FirstnameLastnameNaplan9 etc)
- Plus any additional documents specifically requested to support the application eg. Giftedness Report, Proof of Acceleration
Please note you will not be required to provide any other evidence of achievement, participation certificates or awards. Our portal does contain 3 x 4000 character maximum, optional text boxes for noting: Honours, Awards and Achievements; Student Aspirations; and Parent Comments. To comply with the application 20 minute timeout window, we recommend you prepare these separately, copy and paste your text into the application.
- $300.00 – for students testing at one of the Queensland Academies Campuses (Brisbane or Gold Coast)
- $400.00 – for students testing at a regional/interstate testing centre
- $500.00 – for students testing outside of Australia
- $765.00 – Individual ‘out of round’ Testing fee for 2018 for Domestic students**
- $865.00 – Individual ‘out of round’ Testing fee for 2018 for International students**
** Please contact the Queensland Academies Admissions Office about submitting an ‘out of round’ application on (07) 33779366 between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (Note: This office will be closed from December 8 2017 and will reopen on January 15 2018).
Submit your application through our Applications Portal (Reminder: the option for submitting an application for Year 10 Entry will not be available until 12 noon, January 1 2018):