Apply to Brilliant Futures: Gold Coast
- Year 6 students are welcome to apply. Applications will be analysed and students will then sit the Admissions Test. It is an expectation that students demonstrate NAPLAN results in the upper two bands in the majority of components in order to proceed to the testing point: Year 3 and Year 5 NAPLAN reports should be submitted with the application.
- Students who were not successful in gaining a place in Brilliant Futures Gold Coast, or who withdraw from the Program prior to Year 9, would be welcome to re-apply in Year 9 as per the general process for Queensland Academies admission
Please note: applications to join the Brilliant Futures Gold Coast Program in 2020 are now closed
Applications to join the Brilliant Futures Gold Coast Program in 2021 will open early 2020
Standard Application Process: Key dates for in 2019 to join the program from 2020
Friday 6 September
Applications close for regional, interstate students and those requiring special consideration for the Admissions test
Friday 13 September 5:00pm
Saturday 12 October 8:00am - 12:00pm
Admissions Test - Gold Coast Campus, Southport
|Friday 15 November||Notification of offers|
Gold Coast Program
Application process and Admissions Test
Notification to selected students
Year 7: Introductory Year
Introductory Year Program with engagement in online and face-to-face STEM-based enrichment courses and workshops
Year 8: Investigative Year
Investigative Year Program with practical hands-on application in scientific inquiry and research
Year 9 : Pre-Academy engagement
Enrolment interview for Year 10 commencement
|Year 10||Commence Queensland Academies, Health Sciences Gold Coast Campus|
- Application fee: $250
- Remote online testing incurs an additional fee. See the Edutest website for more details.
- Program fee: $250* each year (online course/standard workshop)
- STEM Camp levy: $100 - $150
*Extra and optional workshops may entail an additional fee
- Submission of Semester Report cards and NAPLAN reports as they become available.
- Completion of two enrichment activities, preferably one online and one face-to-face workshop in Year 7 and Year 8. We understand that students may already be engaged in a range of extracurricular activities. Queensland Academies Gold Coast has designed the Brilliant Futures Program to complement students’ school and extracurricular commitments.
Before you apply:
- Applicants seeking special consideration for the entrance test: contact Admissions prior to lodging your application.
- Applicants who live or study interstate, overseas or remote from the campus: Refer to https://www.edutest.com.au/contact.htm for Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility and the additional remote testing fee prior to lodging your application.
We look forward to welcoming the next cohort of Brilliant Futures Gold Coast students to our Gold Coast Campus. For further enquiries contact Queensland Academies, Health Sciences Gold Coast Campus Tel: 5510 1100 E: email@example.com