We aim to provide an exciting opportunity for you to become a Queensland Academies student.
As a member of our learning community you will understand that to be successful, you need to be self-disciplined, resilient and well-rounded, focussed yet flexible. Our admissions process is designed with a high level of personalised service and integrity in order to ensure that our selected students are well prepared for these challenges.
A successful Year 10 applicant will demonstrate:
- Academic ability across a breadth of subjects
- A high level of commitment and application to study
- High standards of personal behaviour
- Commitment to personal and social development
- A sense of citizenship displayed through care and concern for others.
Before you apply, you should know:
- That Queensland Academies offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma as the only senior years curriculum offering to students
- Your chosen campus: a student can submit one application only to Queensland Academies for entry into Year 10 in a given year. When a student applies to a Queensland Academies campus, they are making a commitment to that campus. When selecting a campus, students should consider which campus best suits their interests as well as subjects on offer.
- That enrolment is only through a selective entry applications process
- When to apply
When to apply
The application process is designed to be undertaken by students in Queensland in their junior secondary years of school (or age or education program equivalent) for entry at the commencement of Term 1 of Year 10.
Standard Applications Process
Each campus has a scheduled Standard Applications Process for entry into Year 10 in a given year. The Standard Applications Process has a scheduled close date and Entrance Test date.
Students seeking entry should apply through this process within advertised timelines wherever possible.
If a student has been unable to apply during this period, they may still apply through the school’s Principal’s Discretionary Process.
Principal’s Discretionary Process
Principal's Discretionary applications will be assessed by the Principal on a case-by-case basis, as vacancies arise. Highly capable candidates with strong academic results seeking to apply through this process should submit their online application at the earliest possible opportunity.
At the end of the Standard Applications Process, an application may be moved into the Principal’s Discretionary Process if additional evidence (documentation or other enquiries) is required to continue application assessment.
Where an Academy's capacity has been reached, applications being assessed through the Principal’s Discretionary Process may continue to be considered for any vacancies, should they arise, in the following school year. Note: These intakes are not an option for Year 11 or 12 students.
Application for admission is no guarantee of available vacancies or successful enrolment and any fees paid are non-refundable.