THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE WAITLIST BELOW.
It’s Magic! Abracadabra, let’s put on a show! (Bright Minds Years 3-4)
During the workshop, participants will work with a real magician as they learn to perform a variety of tricks like a professional. At the end of the workshop, we’ll even perform our own magic show to amaze our parents! Voila!
Location: Queensland Academies, Creative Industries Campus (61 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove)
Date: Saturday 3 June, 2017
Time: 11.30 am – 1.30 pm
Students are required to wear comfortable clothes, enclosed shoes, with hair tied back, and bring a drink and a snack. All other materials are supplied.
This workshop seeks to:
- explicitly explore the concept of responsibility
- strengthen commitment skills
- provide students with the opportunity to develop thinking skills including those associated with metacognition.
Workshop Links to the Australian Curriculum
Reflecting on thinking and processes
In developing and acting with critical and creative thinking, students:
- think about thinking (metacognition)
- reflect on processes
- transfer knowledge into new contexts.