Queensland Academies Preparation Program: Brilliant Futures
A guaranteed entrance pathway into Queensland Academies
About the Program
The Queensland Academies Preparation Program: Brilliant Futures is an enrichment program designed to develop students’ attributes as learners and to provide a transition engagement for students seeking enrolment with Queensland Academies for Year 10. The Program is open to students currently in Year 5 or Year 6.
Queensland Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program – an internationally recognised pre-university level qualification that allows subjects to be accelerated and graduating students to study at Australian tertiary institutions as well as overseas universities. The aim of all International Baccalaureate Programs is to develop internationally minded young people who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. As IB World Schools, Queensland Academies support all students to develop the attributes of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile.
- To engage students in enrichment activities enabling collaboration with a like-minded, highly capable cohort of peers.
- To have students experience Queensland Academies’ teaching and learning in a supportive, challenging and engaging program.
- Graduates from the program will gain an automatic offer into Year 10 at our campuses in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- Students will engage with expert teaching staff developing contemporary skills in collaboration, creativity, deep inquiry and research that provides a unique preparation for successful transition into Queensland Academies.
- All highly capable students in Years 5 and 6 are welcome to apply. Applications will be analysed and students will then sit the Admissions Test. It is an expectation that students demonstrate NAPLAN results in the upper two bands in the majority of components in order to proceed to the testing point: Year 3 and Year 5 NAPLAN reports should be submitted with the application.
- Students who were not successful in gaining a place in the Preparation Program, or who withdrew from the Preparation Program prior to Year 9, would be welcome to re-apply in Year 9 as per the general process for Queensland Academies admission.
Key dates for application in 2017 to join the program from 2018 - Applications have now CLOSED
Friday September 15, 2017 Applications close 4:00pm
Saturday October 7, 2017 Admissions Test (morning).
Mid November Notifications of offer of enrolment to Program sent to families via email
Late November Acceptance of offer of enrolment due
** For more information about program details and how to apply – please follow the below links **