Student Profile - Jasmine Chan
Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology - Class of 2018
- By studying the IB at QASMT I think I have become more well-rounded. I was given many valuable opportunities that have made me grow as an individual.
- Although it was sometimes hard, my friends, family and teachers were always ready to help me. By supporting each other, we were able to pull through the challenging moments and enjoy the process.
- Attended KVIS Science Fair 2018
- Lunch with a Scientist Program 2016
- Placed 3rd in QUT Blueshift Competition
- Physics Bowl Top Scorer 2017
- High Distinction ANCQ
- Placed 2nd in the Science Teachers Association of Queensland Science Contest: Scientific Investigations 2018
- Leadership: Was a Science Ambassador and then Activity Captain for Da Vinci house
- Gold Academic Achievement Award in Year 10 and 11, Platinum Award in Year 12
- Honors Roll 2017
- Participated in Duke of Edinburgh
- Activities involved at QASMT: Volleyball Team, Strings Ensemble, Physics Olympiad Club
- CCA Activities: Debating, Chinese Dance, Badminton
- Volunteered at the Windsor Elderly Centre, Lifeline Bookfest, Zonta Club
University / Career Aspiration
- I enjoyed the IB Business Management subject and like thinking of creative ways to solve real-life problems in the dynamic business world so I am interested in any profession where I can earn my daily bread doing physics and mathematics.
- I am looking to studying either commerce or health related subjects at university to experience as wide a range of fields as possible
IB Score - 44