Join our team and change the world.
“Teaching at the Queensland Academies is a joy and a privilege. Daily, I am in an environment where I grow and learn. I am surrounded by colleagues and students alike who share my passion and enthusiasm for excellence in education.”
- Rebecca Jones, Head of Department, Queensland Academies Science, Mathematics and Technology Campus
Due to significant enrolment growth and expansion of subject offerings – Queensland Academies are offering a range of exciting opportunities for outstanding teachers wishing to teach in the state’s highest performing senior secondary schools in 2018.
Queensland Academies offer a specialised three year enriched senior secondary education program (Yr 10 to Yr 12) that includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and enrichment experiences through collaborative arrangements with university (UQ, QUT & GU) and industry partners.
IB Diploma Programme Teaching Positions are available at our campuses in the following areas for the 2018 academic year:
** Applications close Monday August 14, 2017**
PLEASE SEE SELECTION CRITERIA BELOW:
Applicants with knowledge, training and experience in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the education of gifted and talented students, as well as the capacity to teach in the subject areas listed will be highly regarded.
Applicants must have formal, tertiary training, be able to attain Queensland College of Teachers registration and teaching experience in one or more of the areas listed above.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the IBO website to review the subject outlines for these Diploma Programme Subjects.
Teachers not previously employed with DET should also refer to Education Queensland for further details.
APPLICATIONS are now open via SMART JOBS AND MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THAT PORTAL ONLY
MANDATORY Application requirements:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages). Be sure to list personal particulars, contact details, relevant skills and experience, and the names of two referees and a current supervisor.
- Response to Selection Criteria (max. 2 pages)
Applicants applying for more than one position must submit separate applications and note position preference in their cover letter .
Applications submitted by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding the status of their application.
GENERAL TEACHER POSITION SELECTION CRITERIA
SC1– Promotes positive student outcomes and high level learning experiences.
SC2– Has a high-level understanding of and continued commitment to implement current and future initiatives in curriculum and pedagogical practice.
SC3– Engages in positive interactions with the wider school community including parents/guardians, fellow teachers, specialists and other community members.
SC4– Assists colleagues and models high-level professional expertise in planning, development and practice.
SELECTION CRITERIA for HOD Curriculum: Locally referred to as GLOBAL LEARNERS
Information specific to the role:
The QAHS Head of Department Global Learners leads evidence-based practices and programs that support student wellbeing and success whilst nurturing our students as global learners. This position includes responsibility for researching, developing, implementing, reviewing and updating for continuous improvement, a range of programs that assist students to develop their character strengths, build positive relationships, enhance personal resilience, develop a Benefit Mindset and explore global citizenship through the lens of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile. http://www.ibo.org/contentassets/fd82f70643ef4086b7d3f292cc214962/learner-profile-en.pdf
The Head of Global Learning inspires and cultivates the following areas to ensure each individual student’s potential is realised and their QAHS experience is personally enriching:
- Student Support Services
- Student Welfare (Mentor Learning Communities)
- Responsible and Mature Student Behaviour
- IB Creativity, Activity & Service (CAS)
- Student Leadership Capacity
- Enhancement Programs
- International Students
- Homestay Program
- Students with Special Requirements
- Extra-Curricular Programs and Events
- Program focus incorporating IB Learner Profile attributes that enable individuals and groups to become responsible members of local, national and global communities.
Head of Department Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated teaching competence and capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.