Queensland Academies has successfully developed formal and network-based relationships with a range of state schools as part of the Queensland Academies Partnership Schools Program (QAPS). This program provides collaborative environments for best practice in developing teaching and learning strategies for highly capable students within our schools.
As a network, we are committed to ensuring that highly capable students are retained in state schools; and that these students are engaged in rigorous, globally benchmarked learning that supports their success and well–being.
The Queensland Academies Partnerships Schools network has recently developed a governance model which provides:
- Strategic Intent, and
- Core priorities of the QAPS Program as it matures.
This group is made up of key leaders from within the network who have demonstrated ongoing commitment to the program.
Outcomes for Partner Schools
Schools participating in QAPS program benefit through a relationship that offers:
- Unique student engagement and enrichment opportunities: both online + face-to-face workshops;
- Opportunities for collegial learning and dialogue amongst the network and partner organisations;
- Professional learning – including teacher professional development opportunities with university partners and QAPS network teachers and leaders;
- Showcasing of different pedagogical approaches.
Selected students from our partnership schools are able to take advantage of our innovative learning opportunities for highly capable students, including our:
- Face-to-face workshops uniquely designed for our Partnerships students, delivered at the local school, or the Queensland Academies campuses and our partner universities and organisations; and
- Unique student engagement and enrichment opportunities, such as our National Science Week ‘Café Scientifique’ and ‘Lunch with a Scientist’.
If you are a school interested in enquiring about the Queensland Academies Partnership Schools Program please contact:
Manager Queensland Academies
Telephone: (07) 3377 9366
Email: kmack25 @eq.edu.au