Creative Journaling (Young Scholars Years 5 – 9)
Be inspired to take up creative journaling and express yourself through the use of colour, lines, shapes, pictures, words and symbols. Explore new ideas, express yourself creatively, document your thinking, make lists, draw, record your dreams, capture past moments, paint and create your future.
There are no rules; just examples and ideas to share.
Location: Queensland Academies, Creative Industries Campus (61 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove)
Date: Dual Engagement – students must attend both workshops
Monday 19 June and Thursday 22 June, 2017
Time: 4.00 – 5.30 pm (both days)
Students are required to wear comfortable clothes, enclosed shoes, with hair tied back, and bring a drink. All other materials are supplied.
This workshop seeks to:
- explicitly explore the concept of reflection
- strengthen artistic appreciation skills
- provide students with the opportunity to develop communication skills including those associated with presenting.
Workshop Links to the Australian Curriculum
Reflecting on thinking and processes
In developing and acting with critical and creative thinking, students:
- think about thinking (metacognition)
- reflect on processes
- transfer knowledge into new contexts.