This workshop is now full. Please register for the waitlist below.
Critical thinking is thinking on purpose! It’s the key to rational and logical thinking, mindful communication and problem solving!
This practical session will engage students in a range of games and activities engineered to develop critical thinking skills and will have students thinking about their thinking!
Location: Queensland Academies, Creative Industries campus (61 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove)
Date: Tuesday, 7 November, 2017
Time: 4.00 pm – 5.30 pm
Students are required to wear comfortable clothes, enclosed shoes and to bring a drink. All other materials are supplied.
This workshop seeks to:
- explicitly explore the concept of responsibility
- strengthen commitment skills and,
- provide students with the opportunity to develop thinking skills, specifically metacognition.
Workshop Links to the Australian Curriculum
Reflecting on thinking and processes
In developing and acting with critical and creative thinking, students:
- think about thinking (metacognition)
- reflect on processes
- transfer knowledge into new contexts.