Famous thinkers have always investigated philosophy! A topic question will guide our open-ended discussions as we explore our deepest beliefs and thoughts.
A sense of adventure, an open-mind and a love of thinking is essential! Students will probably end up with more questions than answers, as they ponder the big questions of life!
Location: Queensland Academies, Creative Industries Campus (61 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove)
Date: Thursday, 26 October, 2017
Time: 4.00 – 5.30 pm
Students are required to wear comfortable clothes, enclosed shoes, with hair tied back, and bring a drink. All other materials are supplied.
This workshop seeks to:
- explicitly explore the concept of reflection
- strengthen independent working skills
- provide students with the opportunity to develop thinking skills including those associated with metacognition.
Workshop Links to the Australian Curriculum
Reflecting on thinking and processes
In developing and acting with critical and creative thinking, students:
- think about thinking (metacognition)
- reflect on processes
- transfer knowledge into new contexts.