When are the lessons?
- Unless otherwise specified all units are of 7 weeks duration – beginning week 3 of the school term and finishing in week 9 of the school term.
- Each course consists of 1 hour online interactive lesson + online self-paced tutorial activities = approximately 2 or 3 hours per week
- The lessons and tutorials are offered after school hours (refer to term timetable for specific days/times)
What homework is there?
- Each week students will have homework and tutorial activities to complete. This should be no more than 2 hours per week.
- Nearing assessment submission this may increase a little.
What is the assessment?
- Each course has different assessment but generally it will consist of one final project/report that needs to be submitted at the end of the course.
What is the cost of the courses?
- Each online course of 7 weeks duration costs $175.00 for students in partnership schools.
- Other students that are not enrolled in a Partnership School will incur a fee of $275.00 per course.
How do the online lessons work?
The online delivery is through web conferencing. This means that your child will be speaking to the teacher and other class peers through a microphone, as well as using collaborative tools including blogs and chat rooms to participate in the lessons and tutorials.
What technology will I need at home?
You will need:
- Reliable home internet connection
- Noise cancelling headset (with microphone)
- Java 7.79 software*
*refer to Technical guides for software downloads
How do I know what my login and password is?
Education Queensland Students
If you are a student at an Education Queensland school you will have an MIS login and password. Your MIS login will be your first initial, followed by the first four letters of your surname, followed by a number, for example:
Fiona Curran = fcurr7
If you are unsure of your password, you will need to contact your school IT administrator who will be able to reset your password for you. For security reasons, Queensland Academies are unable to reset school passwords.