International students: Welcome to Queensland Academies
Queensland Academies is a set of 3 top-performing Department of Education co-educational selective entry high schools. All of our students study the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) which is a rigorous learning and assessment program recognised worldwide, and as such gives IB Diploma holders access to the world's leading universities.
Our students benefit from unique partnerships with the University of Queensland, the Queensland University of Technology and Griffith University to provide transition between senior school and university for highly capable students. Students and staff engage in a strong research-based model of learning and teaching in collaboration with university and industry partners.
At Queensland Academies we believe that students will become analytical, critically thinking leaders who demonstrate an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, lifelong learning and engage in measured risk-taking.
Each student is offered an integrated, parallel support structure to foster a sense of belonging that supports, encourages and celebrates success. Our teachers and support staff work closely with students in small groups and in one-on-one mentoring to ensure students balance the challenges of the IB Diploma with other pursuits. This is further supported by high quality communication with parents and caregivers.
Our 3 schools are able to accept applications from international students seeking to commence enrolment on Day 1 of Year 10
to complete the IB Diploma Programme in Years 10-12.
Detailed information for International students considering applying for a place at a Queensland Academy can be found below:
Applying to Queensland Academies:
All students seeking enrolment into Queensland Academies must be undertake a selective entry applications process. Students must demonstrate strong performance in each of the components of the application process (academic reports, Entrance Test and interview) and be assessed as the most suitable candidate for a vacancy. Highly capable students with a record of strong academic performance are welcome to apply.
The application process for an international student is therefore:
- Contact Education Queensland International. Complete an EQI Application if advised to do so by Education Queensland International (cut-off dates apply).
- EQI will inform Queensland Academies when you have an approved EQI application.
- Queensland Academies will then contact you and invite you to submit an application directly to Queensland Academies.
- The Queensland Academies application fee is currently $250, which includes the on-campus Entrance Test conducted by independent testing body, Edutest. If you need to sit the Entrance Test remotely (interstate or overseas), Edutest has a Remote Testing Service for an additional fee (remote testing venues may also charge a separate fee for use of the venue and service): refer to Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility before you lodge your application.
- Tuition fees: See the EQI website for international student fees
- Non-tuition fees: Like any state school, students are required to meet their own uniform and equipment costs which are comparable to other state schools. For further details, refer to your chosen campus:
International program staff
At Queensland Academies, our international staff are dedicated to providing our international students with the best possible experience during their time with us.
Admissions Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions and Homestay Coordinator: Cathryn Sarjito
The Department of Education trading as Education Queensland International (EQI)
CRICOS Provider Code: 00608A