The information below is for Year 7 enrolments at Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology (QASMT). Students seeking entry into Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus or Queensland Academies Health Sciences Campus should refer to the Year 10 enrolments pathway.
QASMT has been enrolling students in Year 7 since 2019 and is proud to be part of the Building Future Schools program. As part of the approach to inner-city schooling, the Building Future Schools program is enhancing school infrastructure, building and strengthening strategic partnerships and developing and refining long-term master plans to support state schools as part of Brisbane’s changing landscape.
A successful Year 7 applicant will demonstrate:
- appropriate level of academic ability
- a high level of commitment, work ethic and application to study
- capacity for planning, effective organisation and time management
- very high levels of personal behaviour
- personal qualities that reflect success in a rigorous academic program.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you should know:
- Queensland Academies offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma as the only senior years curriculum offering to students. QASMT offers the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme as the only junior secondary curriculum offering and the International Baccalaureate Diploma as the only senior years curriculum offering to students.
- Students who accept an offer into the middle school program at QASMT are enrolling for the duration of the full 6-year program. There is no transfer process for students from the middle school program at QASMT into the 3-year senior secondary programs at either Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus (QACI) or Queensland Academies Health Sciences Campus (QAHS).
International students and
temporary residents can apply to enter Queensland Academies for commencement of
- Enrolment is only through a selective entry applications process.
- Applicants can submit only
1 application per calendar year to Queensland Academies.
- Applicants seeking
special consideration for the entrance test—contact Admissions prior to lodging your application.
- Applicants who live or study
interstate, overseas or remote from the campus—refer to
Edutest remote testing service eligibility and the additional remote testing fee
prior to lodging your application*
*Australian students applying from offshore and interstate
The COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly, both in Australia and overseas. Australian students applying from offshore should monitor the Department of Home Affairs
websites for updates around travel restrictions.
In some countries and states, remote Entrance Testing is currently impacted by COVID. Please contact Edutest at firstname.lastname@example.org
to determine whether remote testing is possible in your country or state at this time, and for fees. Applicants must have test results available in order for their application to be considered for their requested commencement point.
We recommend you confirm travel and testing possibilities before submitting your application to Queensland Academies.
When to apply
standard application process for entry at the commencement of Term 1 of Year 7 is designed to be undertaken by students in Queensland in Year 5 (or age or education program equivalent). Students seeking entry should apply through this process wherever possible, and within the advertised timelines.
Students seeking to apply after the standard application process has closed should refer to the information about the
Principal's discretionary process.