A successful Year 10 applicant will demonstrate:
- academic ability across a breadth of subjects
- a high level of commitment and application to study
- high standards of personal behaviour
- commitment to personal and social development
- a sense of citizenship displayed through care and concern for others.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you should know:
- Queensland Academies offer the
International Baccalaureate Diploma as the only senior years curriculum offering to students.
- Choose your Queensland Academy. A student can submit 1 application only for entry into Year 10 in a given year. When a student applies to a Queensland Academy, they are making a commitment to that school. When selecting a Queensland Academy, students should consider which school best suits their interests as well as subjects on offer.
- Enrolment is only through a selective entry applications process.
- Applicants seeking
special consideration (Access Arrangements or Reasonable Adjustments) for the entrance test—contact Admissions prior to lodging your application and for test dates.
- Applicants who live or study
remote from the school—refer to firstname.lastname@example.org for Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility and the additional remote testing fee prior to lodging your application*
- Students seeking to attend one of the Queensland Academies as an
international student need to make an application through Education Queensland International (EQI) prior to applying to Queensland Academies. Cut-off dates for EQI applications also apply (contact EQI).
- Students seeking to attend one of the Queensland Academies as a Temporary Resident may need to provide an Authority to Enrol email on application, and should contact the Temporary Residents Admissions Centre to seek advice or apply for this, prior to applying to Queensland Academies.
- Students currently in Year 10 seeking
mid-course entry must read the Admissions Policy and contact Queensland Academies Admissions on (07) 3377 9366 prior to submitting an application.
- If you are applying for Queensland Academies Creative Industries (QACI) campus, please note that it is an expectation that students who study
Music in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme need to have completed AMEB 3 Theory (or equivalent).
- If you are applying for QACI, please note that it is an expectation that students entering the QACI
Dance program have been enrolled in an accredited dance syllabus course (RAD, Cecchetti, ATOD, CSTD) and continue to participate in structured classes either in the style of ballet, contemporary or jazz.
When to apply
The Standard Application Process is designed to be undertaken by students in Year 8 during 2023 or early Year 9 during 2024 (or age or education program equivalent) for entry at the commencement of Term 1 of Year 10 in 2025.