A successful Year 10 applicant will demonstrate:
- academic ability across a breadth of subjects
- a high level of commitment and application to study
- high standards of personal behaviour
- commitment to personal and social development
- a sense of citizenship displayed through care and concern for others.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you should know:
- Queensland Academies offer the
International Baccalaureate Diploma as the only senior years curriculum offering to students.
- Choose your Queensland Academy. A student can submit 1 application only for entry into Year 10 in a given year. When a student applies to a Queensland Academy, they are making a commitment to that school. When selecting a Queensland Academy, students should consider which school best suits their interests as well as subjects on offer.
- Enrolment is only through a selective entry applications process.
- Applicants seeking
special consideration for the entrance test—contact Admissions prior to lodging your application.
- Applicants who live or study
remote from the school—refer to for Edutest's Remote Testing Service eligibility and the additional remote testing fee prior to lodging your application*
- Students seeking to attend one of the Queensland Academies as an
international student need to make an application through Education Queensland International
prior to applying to Queensland Academies.
- Students seeking to attend one of the Queensland Academies as a Temporary Resident may need to provide an Authority to Enrol email on application, and should contact the Temporary Residents Admissions Centre to seek advice or apply for this, prior to applying to Queensland Academies.
- Students currently in Year 10 seeking
mid-course entry must read the Admissions Policy and contact Queensland Academies Admissions on (07) 3377 9366 prior to submitting an application.
- If you are applying for Queensland Academies Creative Industries (QACI) campus, please note that it is an expectation that students who study
Music in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme need to have completed AMEB 3 Theory (or equivalent).
- If you are applying for QACI, please note that it is an expectation that students entering the QACI
Dance program have been enrolled in an accredited dance syllabus course (RAD, Cecchetti, ATOD, CSTD) and continue to participate in structured classes either in the style of ballet, contemporary or jazz.
*Students applying from offshore and interstate
The COVID-19 situation continues to change rapidly, both in Australia and overseas. Students applying from offshore and interstate should monitor the Department of Home Affairs website
for updates around travel restrictions and exemptions. Australian students applying from offshore should also refer to the Smarttraveller
In some countries and states, remote Entrance Testing is currently impacted by COVID. Please contact Edutest at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether remote testing is possible in your country or state at this time, and for fees. Applicants must have test results available in order for their application to be considered for their requested commencement point. Please note that the student must be present in the examination room with the supervisor for the duration of the test - online invigilation is not permitted.
We recommend you confirm travel and testing possibilities before submitting your application to Queensland Academies
When to apply
The application process is designed to be undertaken by students in Queensland in their junior secondary years of school (or age or education program equivalent) for entry at the commencement of Term 1 of Year 10.