Applicants from Outer and Remote Queensland regions
Queensland Academies does not have boarding facilities or manage a homestay program for domestic students. However, the Queensland Academies Isolated Students (QAIS) Bursary (Bursary) provides financial support to families of students living away from home to attend one of the Department of Education’s three specialised Queensland Academies in South East Queensland including Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus (Kelvin Grove), Queensland Academies Health Sciences Campus (Gold Coast) and Queensland Academy for Science Mathematics and Technology (Toowong).
To be eligible for a Bursary, all of the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- the student must be currently enrolled in and have satisfactory conduct, progress and attendance at the Academy
- the student is not eligible to receive assistance through LAFHAS
- the student must have a permanent home address in Queensland
- the nearest Queensland Government state school to the student’s permanent family home, with the appropriate year level is located within a Department of Education State School zone of: Outer Regional Australia, Remote Australia or Very Remote Australia
- the student’s travel is at least 3 hours per day from the student’s permanent home address to reach the Academy they are attending using school or public transport service.
Note: A new bursary application must be completed each year on the approved form.
Applications for 2023 will be available from Term 4 2022.
Application forms are submitted via email to the Scholarships and Grants Team on firstname.lastname@example.org—or by post as detailed on the application form.
Enquiries regarding the Bursary can be directed by email to the Scholarships and Grants Team, Human Resources Branch on email@example.com or phone (07) 3055 2927, or email the Queensland Academies Admissions Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3377 9366.